How We Began
The Federated Garden Clubs of New York State, Inc. was founded in 1924 and incorporated in 1930 for the purpose of supporting the garden clubs of New York State in their efforts at beautification, preservation, and conservation.
There are currently over 300 federated garden clubs in 10 districts across the state with 10,000 total members. District IV, which encompasses northeastern New York, has nine member clubs. The Katrina Trask Garden Club in Saratoga springs is credited with being the District IV charter club with a history that goes all the way back to 1923.
Membership in any of the Federated Garden Clubs of New York State, Inc. offers garden enthusiasts the opportunity and privilege of participating with others who share their interests and vision for improving the environment and advancing the arts of gardening, flower arranging and landscape design.
- To assist member clubs in working together
- To serve as an educational source for member clubs
- To encourage the art of gardening, horticulture, landscape design, and flower arranging
- To encourage civic planting, beautification, adn preservation of scenic and historic locations
- To encourage public interest in environmental concerns and conserving the natural beauty and resources of New York State, the nation, and the world
For more information, or to join one of our clubs, please contact us...
2015 - 2017 Officers
District Director - Judy Esposito
Assistant Director - Mary Dame
Treasurer - Barbara Millington
Recording Secretary - Elizabeth Rossi
Corresponding Secretary - Martha Van Patten